Tuesday 13 March 2012

84 and still prepared to listen


Had an 84 yr old ring me up last night.  He’s been off the road for personal reasons for 18 months and his Sons think some refresher sessions to boost his confidence are in order.  Absolutely incredible that a chap of his years has got the willingness to listen to his Sons’ advice and act on it too...I’m mighty impressed and hope to see this chap soon as I’m sure I will learn much from him.  We had a very pleasant chat on the phone for 10 minutes discussing his driving history dating back to 1948!  Wow!  I take my hat off to him.

Talking of willingness to listen, I got some superb feedback today on my check test.  I got a grade 4 result which I think that was a true reflection of the session.  I never cease to be amazed at the professionalism of the crew at Peterborough Test Centre.  Although I have never seen the examiner before, I was very impressed with his words of wisdom.  So it’s nice to keep on learning, a big thank you to my learner who was absolutely superb; he did not let me down.

It’s a busy old time at the moment, so much going on.  So busy that I even missed England v France rugby at the week-end..... criminal!

No comments:

Post a Comment