Wednesday 25 April 2012

Save money .... instantly


Get technology working for you while you learn to drive.  This can save you big bucks!

I have over 100 driving related videos on my YouTube driving channel ‘2010BIGTOM’.  When we are training in-car, you cannot help but notice how often I’m referring to very specific videos..... all the time.  Not only do I mention it at the time, but if you scan through your Drivers Pack for a second or 2 right now, you’ll notice that I’m backing up key learning points with the word ‘VID’ encased in a square box.

Are you making full use of this? 

Going over these videos in your own time, when relaxed, will reinforce the learning that is happening in the car.  This is an absolutely key component to effective learning.  The amount of information that you are able to digest when in-car is less than that you can process when at home.  I am not for one second suggesting that you can learn to drive simply by watching the videos, there is no substitute for physically driving around, but what I am saying is that your rate of learning, and depth of learning can be significantly boosted by taking the time to reinforce the learning by watching these videos.  The way I talk, the mannerisms, the style of questioning and explanation is exactly the same as you experience in the car – as such, you will instantly ‘connect’ with the content of the videos.... that’s why it REINFORCES the learning.

If you’re not doing this, you are reducing the rate of learning, and affecting the effectiveness of the learning experience.  This, is costing you money.

One more feature that makes this a ‘smart’ thing to be doing.  You’ll notice that there is the opportunity to post on the bottom of the video.  Some people already have, and you can see my responses/replies.  My advice is to comment away, get involved, ask questions, say what you like and connect with, and what you are not so keen on (some people are asking me questions that are not even learning with me, you’ll see they still are getting my replies).  This makes the experience personal to you, which can only be a good thing.  Not only can you get a speedy reply to anything that is niggling you, how annoying can that be when you have a question that eats away in your head?  But also, you’re indirectly letting me know what works for you, so I’m getting direct feedback of the kind of tips/techniques that work for you and help you learn..... this can only be good for you personally, as I can then channel very effective learning specifically your way when training.  And THIS will also save you big bucks.

This is the way forward in learning, and proven to be an effective means to make your learning more personal and more efficient.  This is a win/win for reducing the time taken to pass your test, which means you pay less money, and importantly it means you increase the depth of learning, in other words, your learning becomes habit forming.... this takes your learning experience way beyond just passing the test.

So in summary, get involved in this.  Engage.  Watch these videos, post up comments, you will only be with me for a fairly short period of time, get yourself involved to make the experience positive.

Subscribe to ‘2010BIGTOM’ right now for free, and take the first smart move in saving you money while learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment