Monday 4 March 2013

Anxieties With Learning To Drive - www.BIGTOM.org.uk


Driving Lessons in Peterborough.  Driving Lessons in Grantham.


If you could just get some answers as to why you feel so anxious about learning to drive!

When people initially make contact with me, they very often speak of the fear of failing the test, or the concern of not having learnt anything for a while, or the worry of not being able to cope with speed or roundabouts or lorries.  It troubles many people, sometimes greatly.  Read on to learn about just one method that I and some other Driving Instructors use to help reduce these fears. 

There are lots of possible reasons why someone may be anxious about starting driving lessons.  You only need to look at my blog from 1/3/13 about me and a galloping horse to see that I can really empathise with this problem.  

There is nothing wrong with feeling this way, it is perfectly natural, and ignoring the fact is definitely NOT the answer!

Let me briefly explain to you how the use of video technology can assist you with some of your possible worries.  When you sign up to my Intensive Driving Course, you are automatically given access to near on 100 driving videos that you can watch in the comfort of your home, or at work, or on the bus/train.  These videos are short and sharp... what I call ‘golden nuggets’ of information.  In effect, you are being provided with a head start to learning to drive, some people have a phrase for this.... “hitting the ground running”. 

The reasons why that is useful are numerous.  Firstly, you are able to see and hear me explain important ideas and techniques, and I’ve been told from previous customers that this helps you get ‘tuned in’ to the way I talk.  Guess what?  When you come to train with me in the car, you will instantly recognise the same vocabulary, the same mannerisms, and the same thought processes.  This is an incredibly powerful tool.  It maximises the efficiency of the learning experience.  You are less inclined to be worried about what it will be like training with me, what am I like, wondering whether we will 'click', because you have invested time and energy already finding that out.  This is good because it means the communication between us is improved, and also the trust and understanding is already established.  This significantly accelerates your rate of learning.  My aim is to facilitate a learning experience that increases the depth of learning so that you pass the driving test with minimum fuss.

Those same videos are accessible throughout your training with me, and you can refer to them as much as you like.  It is in effect, having an unlimited resource of my driving tips and techniques constantly available to you.  Even questions that get asked from previous customers get featured – if I’m asked a question often enough, I will do a video on it – so perhaps you can see how you are actually a step ahead?  I’m proactively providing you with answers and explanations on issues that have previously been asked about, perhaps to do with  the test, or manoeuvres, or roundabouts – and this is all available to you as and when you are able to fit it in.

Let me give you Tom's Top Tip for this blog.   Some people use this opportunity to see them driving on a personal video clip.  No-one else can see the clips, only you.  This can prove to be a very powerful resource if you have any self-doubts about your ability, or if you prefer to independently see your progress.  There is no obligation with this, but it is something that many of my customers have used to great advantage.

This gives you a flavour of how some of the anxieties associated with learning how to drive, can be overcome with the benefit of technology.  As I say in my soon to be published eBook, these things are great to know about, but they are only truly useful if you APPLY them.  If you want to receive a sample of 10 of these videos, simply go here, put in your email address and in ‘Further Information’ put in “BLOG BIGTOM”.  That’s all you need to do, and I guarantee to get them off to you immediately.  Even if you are not a customer of mine, give it a try... this is a free resource being made available to you.


I hope this has been useful.  Please feel free to grade this blog below, or add a comment/question.

Thank you.

www.BIGTOM.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment