Sunday 28 October 2018

Learnism

Pull over. I need to go over something with you, as you clearly are not understanding me.

I take it you know the definition of "learnism".  That's a comment, not a  question.  It's all the rage. Re-inventing of the wheel. You youngsters are all into this touchy, feely, soft cotton wool existence these days.


I'll tell you anyway to demonstrate my authority in our relationship and how up to date with modern times I am.


"Discrimination against or hostility towards pupils with unique learning preferences."


It is undoubtedly utter garbage of course. Trust me when I tell you this is nonsense.


I've always been of the view that pupils are better off just listening to me, absorbing all the wise words that come out of my mouth and learning, to become very much like myself.  One might say, you have to copy me unquestionably.  Believe me; I'm a fabulous driver.  All you have to do is just as I say.


I've been in your situation before, I know it's not always a bed of roses; in fact, I vaguely recall at times you might be wondering if this will ever come to an end.  I am right aren't I. That's a comment, not a question.


As my old headteacher used to tell me often "No pain, no gain". I didn't enjoy school if I'm honest. I used to get in a lot of trouble with the teachers because I found it hard to concentrate on one thing for any amount of time.  But I eventually realised that I was to blame entirely, I was wasting a lot of the teachers' time and spent many lunch breaks with the headteacher. In the end, I was able to predict exactly what his wife had put in his lunchbox for lunch.  He used to scoff at the piece of fruit she put in the box and say "Will she never learn?".  A bit like me I used to think, he said the same about me too.


So you would do well to listen to my advice here because I'm talking from experience. Concentrate. Listen. And do as I tell you.


Anyway, lunch beckons. I wonder what gastric surprises she has given me today, same old, same old no doubt.

BIG TOM provides pedagogy training for driving instructors - 0800 689 4174

No comments:

Post a Comment