Thursday 17 November 2011

Training to become a Driving Instructor


BIG TOM Driving School is fundamentally customer orientated.  It runs at the very core of the business.

I realise that you simply can’t treat every PDI the same, I completely get that point.

A PDI who first makes contact with me, will receive an unbiased initial consultation that helps me to understand where they are in the path of qualifying and importantly, where they are AIMING to be.

Unless I completely understand from a PDI what they are AIMING to achieve, what chance do I have of meeting their expectations?  So let me offer some real examples that I have encountered:

“I have had 2 goes at part 3 and failed, these are my scores, I really really need help in that particular area so that I can pass this test”

“I’m interested in becoming a driving instructor, can you give me some guidance in what is involved and what is sensible research for me to do before hand?”

“I’ve been driving for a long time, but in Poland, and I know I’ve picked up bad habits.  I just need to know what the test standard is in this country.”

“I have had 2 other trainers in the past but I just don’t feel that I’m understanding what the requirements are for the part 3.  I’ve been on a pink licence and could do with some advice about how to proceed”.

“In my previous career, I had to drive to a high standard, so I’m not expecting any problems with my driving, but I realise that I need help in knowing how to teach, and also how to run a business”



Different backgrounds, different standards of driving, different approaches, and different attitudes.  I see it as my responsibility to ensure my customers enter into the driving instructor world in full knowledge of the expectations of the Driving Standards Agency and their customers, and prepared for business.   I don’t see it as my responsibility to coerce you into training that is simply test orientated, lacking in depth, and unenjoyable.



I do the above by providing a comprehensive training syllabus.  Here it is:



Core skills of a driving instructor – direct/indirect

How are learners tested – test content, score sheet, how conducted

How are PDI’s tested – test content, score sheet, how conducted

The instructor’s role in the learners practical test

The examiners role in the learners practical test

How you like to learn – styles, preferences

Scope of learning for a PDI, ADI and beyond – starting point onwards

DSA tests once qualified - checktests

Driving training – part 2

Instructor training – part 3

Strategy of your learning – how you intend to learn, what resources

Strategy once qualified – franchise, indy, headboard

Theory training – test content, how scored, how conducted, resources

How you will teach – traditional v client centred learning



When a customer chooses one of my 40/50/60 hour training packages they receive a Starter Pack that gives them crucial information on the options available to them for running their driving instructor business.  Discovering this information AT THE START is absolutely critical, because it gives them the time it takes them to train for qualification, to also be ‘sowing the seeds’ for how they intend to run their business.



This is so much more than the approach of driving instructor training to simply ‘pass the test’.  This is training that encompasses the goal of setting you up for business and then developing you further.   

No comments:

Post a Comment