Friday 28 September 2012

ADI numbers in Peterborough as of 6/9/12


Just wanted to pass on to anyone interested the promise I  made in one of my last blogs about the Driving Instructor industry.  

I said I would give some info on the state of play in Peterborough compared to the rest of the UK (Peterborough being postcodes PE1,2,3,4,7).  

I can now happily reveal that information gained via a Freedom of Information request from the DSA:

Very interesting information.  There are 138 of us registered (hoorah for us!)

This is how many of us have come and gone over the last 4 yrs:


Year
Number of ADI's Removed
Number of ADI's added
2008/09  
9
10
2009/10
2
3
2010/11
2
7
2011/12
5
3
2012/13
2
0


As with all stats there are conditions with the above but it does give a general trend.

Can I welcome the 23 who have been in business since 2008 (Oh that includes ME!)


I can’t welcome anyone who has qualified since April 2012 as it is 0  (and yes this info is correct as of 6/9/12 - take note, that is 6 months!)

The above does need some qualifying.  There will be many ADI’s out there who are very successful, very happy, and doing very well... I personally have just had the busiest 9 months since starting up in May 2009.  So all is not lost..... this is a VERY important message.

However, if you look at the above stats, and the stats that I have previously given in other recent blogs, you will see, that times are hard – much like other business sectors in the rest of the UK.

Any questions – as ever, please ping over to me.... I will always reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment