Wednesday 13 February 2013

Intense Driving Lessons - www.BIGTOM.org.uk


Driving Lessons in Peterborough.  Driving Lessons in Grantham.

Yesterday was Day 3 of the current Intensive Driving Course in Peterborough I'm running.  

My customer has been busy with exams of late, so I've not heard much from her in the run up to the Course, but she brought the Theory Test DVD's back to me on Day 1 with a smile on her face after passing the Theory Test a few days before.  She said to me "Thanks for those, they were really useful", I hear this alot from my customers; it's always nice to get the theory test passed and out the way.

So let me tell you what we did yesterday on Day 3 of the course.  We started off with the emergency stop, sensible really because she showed me the day before that she can now comfortably drive on public roads, so it stands to reason that she should be shown how to stop the car in an emergency.

Then we moved on to 4 circuits that I have devised for my customers.  These circuits allow my customers to experiment with the TIMING of driving actions, so that they cause minimum disruption to other road users.  They drive in roads with limits of 30, 40, 50, and 60.  They include turns, emerges, crossroads controlled by traffic lights, other traffic light controlled junctions, zebra crossings, and roundabouts.  A little twist is that it also includes some emerges on uphill gradients and very narrow junctions (little surprises on Circuit 4).  

Then we went on to dual carriageway driving.  We explored how entry and exit slip roads affect us, we looked at how we safely overtake on a dual carriageway.  We looked at how driving conditions affect the correct speed on these roads, and we experienced speed limits of 70, 60, 50 and 40 - all on dual carriageways.  

So having driven all the way round the Peterborough ring road, we then drove right into the centre part of Peterborough and back to my customer's home.  I say 'we', of course I mean.... 'she'.  SHE did all that driving above.  I didn't record the mileage yesterday, but I have before, it will have been about 80 miles of driving.  She said to me on Day 2 "I can't believe how much driving I'm doing, it's fantastic".

It is the fundamental basis of my intensive driving courses, "You drive more, you experience more, you learn more".  There's no secret KFC recipes going on here, I blog what I do, for all to see.  It's a winning formula, it's how my customers pass their driving test first time..... take a look what they are writing on the timeline of my Facebook page.

This blog describes a typical day on my Intensive Driving Course - it gives you an idea of why my courses are successful.  Hope it has been useful.  Remember, I also run these Intensive Driving Courses in Grantham too.  

Good luck and wish you well.

(Please grade/comment below... thank you).

www.BIGTOM.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment