Monday 25 June 2018

My self-assessment

When you train with BIG TOM to become a driving instructor, you will be encouraged to develop your self-awareness levels, for an excellent reason.  When we learn, our perception of how we are getting on is essential to maintain enthusiasm and progress. 

All of us have an internal voice that offers us guidance every minute of our waking day; it provides an opportunity to mould our thoughts about our behaviours, beliefs, values.  We can reason, judge, reflect, scold, encourage, raise our fear levels, doubt ourselves, the list is endless. Some of us will use this insight to useful,  productive effect and for others, it will tread an internal path of torture.  The point is, it is how you see you.

We also have some perception of how others will view us. Are we observed as happy, awkward, ugly, reckless, reliable, honest, friendly?  Again the ability to accurately perform this task will vary between all of us, and being good at one does not necessarily guarantee anything in the other aspect.

In a learning environment for your future pupils, this is all pretty important.  How confident do I feel as I drive?  Am I driving well at the moment?  How do other drivers, pedestrians, the police, a driving examiner, a driving instructor, my parents, my mates view how well I can drive?

As a trainee driving instructor, this is essential.  Do I know how I come across when I try to train someone?  Are my speech and body language welcoming, encouraging, positive?  Do I possess the necessary skills to help people to learn?  Does the way I behave in the car reflect my mood and feelings?

BIG TOM's success relies on this stuff.  Treat customers with dignity and respect.  Developing skills within people for lifelong learning.   Your learning experiences will influence how you facilitate learning.  I encourage you to invest deeply in yourself, as that time and effort will benefit your pupils.

Get in touch with us today and start realising your potential 0800 689 417

No comments:

Post a Comment