Tuesday 3 November 2020

And finally...

 



One of the things that I would say to anyone considering coming on board is to come into it with an open mind.  Try not to get too bogged down with preconceived ideas of how easy or hard the job is.  

The fact is that all of us have our strengths and weaknesses that we discover (or not) in our day to day lives at home and work.  So if you got in touch with me about becoming a BIG TOM driving instructor, have no fears about me judging you in any way.  I would no more judge you as I would a customer of ours.  It's an essential point because it sets up the basis of our working relationship (see video 2).  

I have deliberately left this blog running for many years; I'm in no doubt that my weaknesses will be exposed for all to see.  But the reason why I leave them in plain view for all is that I don't pretend to be flawless.   

Fundamentally, this driving school of mine is all about helping customers to achieve their goal as opposed to finding reasons why they can't.  It is sporadic for a pupil not to have a formative learning experience with us; but one thing a pupil definitely does not need is to have the seed of doubt planted in their mind.  Learning to drive is a complex process for some, we are dealing with human emotions here, and no driving instructor of mine should forget that point.  And as such, it should be no surprise that I feel precisely the same way with you as a trainee driving instructor.  You will be supported, guided, encouraged, challenged and given every bit of help that can be given to facilitate you achieving your goal.

  Of that, you have my word.   


[This is the last blog in this mini-series.  Any questions?  Email: recruit@BIGTOM.org.uk  Tel: 0749 836 4211   Twitter: @driving_big  Facebook: bigtomfranchise]

No comments:

Post a Comment