Saturday 14 January 2012

New beginnings...


I spotted some spring flowers popping about 4” above the ground yesterday; what?!  It’s January 14th, what are they doing coming through now?  It’s a cold January 14th too, can’t imagine they will be liking the frost.

My family have just moved house, so I reckon there will be a few more of these kind of surprises coming my way.  Just like the sink leaking was a surprise, there were clear signs that a shower upstairs had leaked on the lounge ceiling and wall, I discovered a border had been wall papered on to another border the other day.... can you believe that?  Our bed does not fit into a space between in-built drawers, but when I move the drawers, I discover the carpet has been cut to the drawers!  Classic! And on it will go I’m sure. 

The boss of the house wants a new kitchen, and a wall down in the kitchen, so I’ve had the pleasure of builders doing their thing recently.  No pain, no gain is what I keep telling myself, as the constant and repetitive sound of a drill hammer causes a deep vibration throughout the whole house and my head.  And the dust.... oh the dust.  It gets up your nose, and manages to get in every room of the house, covering absolutely everything; how does it do that?  Shutting doors makes no difference, using ‘dust covers’.... forget it.   So we’re deep in the doo dars at the moment, it’s all happening.  I’m putting up basket ball hoops in the back garden, stripping wall paper, putting up coat hangers, a shed (that was exciting I can tell you, it had 60 odd steps to the instructions....nice), and the list goes on and on.  I secretly quite enjoy all these jobs, but don’t tell the boss.... it’s a rare and very valuable bargaining tool.

Anyway, must crack on.  I have 4 hour lessons planned in the schedule today and tomorrow, I quite enjoy them, the amount of progress that can be made is phenomenal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment