Sunday 12 August 2012

Good times


What a marvellous 2 weeks we’ve had.  I’ve not been posting so much as I’ve been immensely busy, but I’ve been fortunate enough to get experience of some events at the Olympics with my family.  It has been completely awesome.

My biggest shout has to go out to the volunteers who are by far the true stars of the Games.   You had to be there and witness it to have some idea what I mean by that.

I guess I’m fortunate to be as busy as I am, especially in these economic times, but if there is one message that has come across from the interviews with the athletes is “don’t give up”.  And particularly for my PDI’s and Learners I would echo this message.  Whether you are learning to drive or training hard for a new career as a Driving Instructor, stick with it, and don’t lose sight of your goal.  For sure, there will be knock backs in one form or another, but do persevere.

I’m still ‘new’ in this industry, I’m still learning, but even in my small way, I can see I’m succeeding – there have been some very special moments in the last few years that have involved some amazing people.   And it is the people that make my work so rewarding.  For sure there are highs and lows (you only need to read the blog directly before this one to see how a ‘customer’ who passes first time after just 30hrs of training can still manage to make me feel deflated).

But I’ll keep on going, I very much enjoy my work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment