Friday 6 March 2020

I would say this, because it's true

If someone is considering changing a career to become a driving instructor, they will have several questions buzzing around their head.  Questions of a technical nature: am I supposed to tell them not to cross their hands when steering?  Some questions of self-doubt: I just don't know if I can teach someone how to do a parallel park.  But perhaps the biggest question relates to our most basic instinct: will I survive?

Perfectly natural questions.

I had all these questions, and more, ten years ago.  I considered myself a brave soul to give up a dependable, salaried income, but the actual benefits outweigh these initial fears.  It is a natural human behaviour to fear change; no-one should feel ashamed of it.  Being aware of our feelings is such a good skill to tell our pupils about when they learn to drive.  Emotions and feelings affect driving behaviours.
  
If you haven't already, browse around the BIG TOM website.  I would say this wouldn't I but what you see in action is a well-oiled, smoothly running business.  There will possibly be certain aspects running in the background which might not be immediately visible to the untrained eye, but they are there.  And that characteristic is what we would like to develop in you as a BIG TOM driving instructor.  It's not always necessary that our customers know about how we are assisting them to become safe drivers, but we are, and we do it with every single one of them.  It looks effortless, but as we all know, that doesn't mean it's easy.
  
Get in touch, let me buy you a coffee, tell me how you feel about this.  Let's help you to become part of this smoothly running business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment