Sunday 24 May 2020

Sword, you, fall upon it

The daily briefing was a bit of an event today.  BoJo not only didn't look well, but he seemed entirely off his game.  The Cummings distraction may well have been the final thing to tip him over the edge.  All I can say is that it didn't look good.  In the old day's civil servants used to resign in these kinds of circumstances so as to protect the MP - seems like BoJo was attempting to defend the indefensible.  I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if Cummings ever so unwillingly resigns by close of play today - and I'm saying that at 6.40 pm as I write!  All said and done, I do feel for BoJo, I do hope someone is looking out for the poor chap, medically - he was not looking well.

Otherwise, a fairly quiet day.  I attempted to apply some of my learning in my online coding course to my own website today.  It was in the grand scheme of things, a minor change regarding an image with a telephone number on it.  But it was pretty significant to me.  I called through for some assistance from my coach who is in Lincoln, Massachusetts, and is a cheerful soul.  I didn't know if I was trying my luck somewhat attempting to actually apply my learning, and in her defence, although she said it was indeed unorthodox, she did try to help.  But without success, unfortunately, so I'll need to contact my web guy.  I'm a little deflated about it, because although it sounds a small deal, actually, I'd be delighted to be able to make those kinds of changes independently.

'Unorthodox' is just one series that I've come to enjoy over this lockdown.   Others include Narcos, Gangs of London, The Good Place, Normal People, Friday Night Lights, Schitt's Creek and Fauda.

Talking of my business, as I briefly was when I mentioned the website, customers continue to not only express interest but also pay upfront for courses when I can't even give them a start date for the in-car training.  I'm in a pleasing position to say that even when I have not done a single minute of driving training throughout this entire lockdown.  I guess that is just a very flattering demonstration of the trust my customers have in my business.  I love my work, I really do, and I intend to continue providing the absolute best service I can to my customers.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment