Wednesday 30 January 2013

How do you choose a Driving Instructor? www.BIGTOM.org.uk



Driving Lessons in Peterborough.  Driving Lessons in Grantham.



The following is a true account.

Person A (male) and Person B (female) live together and both decide to learn to drive having had no previous driving experience.
Person A chooses to learn with me because I gave assurances of key performance measures e.g. first time pass rates, time it takes to get to test standard.
Person B chooses Instructor B because she was a female.
Person A starts lessons on 17th April, takes 30 hrs of lessons, and comfortably passes his driving test first time on 21st August taking 4 months and 4 days.  Total cost:  £690
Person B starts lessons at the same time.  Takes 80 hours of lessons at the rate of 10 per month for the next 8 months, takes 2 driving tests, but she fails both.  Total cost:  Over £2000 and counting (soon to  start lessons with me)

I have been in this industry for nearly 4 years and have looked to see what Instructor B is offering a prospective customer compared to myself.  I can find a 1 page website with no links to any social media, and no testimonials.  The prices quoted are very similar to my own.
On my website, I have links to a reference library of driving videos, a list of testimonials over the years, a Learner Q&A forum, this Learner blog, and social media links.  These are all provided to assist Learners and provide prospective customers with an insight to how I run my business, in an effort to build trust.  But I am curious to understand what actually is important from the point of view of a prospective customer.
If you are a Learner or prospective Learner, I would be very interested to hear your views on the following question:   

From the point of view of a customer, when you pick a Driving Instructor, what is important?

Any replies/comments from Learners or prospective Learners would be most welcome.... thank you.


Edit:  I am pleased to report that today (11/2/13), Person B has passed her test at Grantham, a week after contacting me.   


www.BIGTOM.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment