Sunday 20 January 2013

Syllabus of my Intensive Driving Course




I was speaking to a previous customer of mine yesterday.  She was stating how important she thinks it is for her Daughter to receive a variety of driving conditions whilst learning to drive.  A very good point; she gave the example of driving in daylight v dark, rain v sun, and yes I see exactly where she’s coming from.  

I would expand it even further and include stuff like this:

Turning right off a busy single carriageway road, that has a speed limit of 60; also emerging ON to that same road – you will be surprised how this situation does not ordinarily crop up, you have to go find it, you have to plan it in to a driving lesson in Peterborough.  Otherwise, once the driving test has been passed and your Son/Daughter is driving alone, when they come across this situation and they’ve not had the chance to experience it, they will naturally feel anxious.

Learning to read the severity of bends on rural road.  Some may scoff at this.  “What has this got to do with passing a driving test?”.  Again, this is not about preparing you to pass a driving test, it’s about preparing you for what is I’m afraid a common cause of fatalities on rural roads.

Driving on a journey that you are not familiar with.  I’m not talking about a 10 minute drive here, I’m talking about driving on a route for 1 -1.5hrs on a journey that you do not know.  Again, nothing to do with passing the test, but how valuable that experience will be.

I completely understand where my previous customer was coming from yesterday, I will feel the same when my 2 youngsters learn to drive.  This is why, my ‘Beginners’ 40 hour Intensive Driving Course in Peterborough includes exactly this kind of subject in it’s syllabus – there is more to driver training than preparing to pass a test. 


Is this blog useful to you?  Please comment/grade below..... thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment