Thursday 24 May 2012

Driving School Car Insurance


The car insurance is up for renewal.  The broker I’ve used seem to enjoy making the process of renewal as involved as they possibly can.  I think their business approach is to come across sounding so formal and authoritative that their customer feels somehow more secure.
 
It really doesn’t work with me.  For the last 2 years they have had a list of tasks that they want me to complete before the renewal date, in order for them to quote me a renewal price.  They’ve had me dancing to their tune doing the most meaningless tasks imaginable such as photocopying my ADI bade (on each side).  I guess what they are doing is ENGAGING with their customer.  The more they can develop a dialogue, the more interaction there is, the more likely I am to stick with them?  Yes?

This year about a month before the renewal, in comes a letter with about 4 forms for me to complete.  They then cold call me, to speak to me about an admin error I made filling in those forms.  As you can see by my ‘Security Questions’ blog from the other day – that didn’t get them very far.   What they then did, was write to me, asking me to ring them!  They don’t write to me enclosing the offending form for me to correct.  Me smells a rat.  So I wrote back to them the end of last week, saying if they want to be in the running for me to renew with them, I will be needing their BEST QUOTE by today (27/5).
On Monday (4 days after sending that letter), in comes a quote by post - £425.  Now that was a fast reply I thought.  I then start speaking to their competitors.  On Wednesday, in comes another quote for £380.  So with no further communications between us whatsoever, the quote has miraculously reduced by 10%!  I’ve just got round to comparing the contents of the 2 quotes – they are EXACTLY the same.  Same company, same conditions.  Shocking.
 
When I started 3 years ago, my premium was £250.  I have not made 1 claim in the following 3 years.  They are now quoting £380, a 50% raise in premium for the same service.  I despise how they go about their work – fleecing us all with not a care in the world.  Treating customers like that, in these times, is not a good move - I can see me going elsewhere for cheaper this year.      

No comments:

Post a Comment