Wednesday 16 May 2012

"Train hard, fight easy"


This was how a pupil recently summarised my training, I imagine it has military origins.  

I can see where he is coming from; I think it’s no coincidence that people who are focussed and determined tend to benefit greatly by my approach as I will keep on and on until they ‘breeze’ the test.  Not everyone is so focussed though.  Recently a pupil got in my car after about a 2 month lapse and struggled greatly, realising that he had simply left it too long between sessions. 

This is where the organisational skills comes in.  Making your learning experience enjoyable and efficient does mean you need to plan in your driving sessions.  If you’re waiting for me to do that for you, you could be waiting a long time.  If you actually NEED me to persuade/organise you to take driving lessons, then what does that say about your motivation to learn to drive?  This isn’t the Army, I’m not paying you as an employee to learn to drive, you are the customer and I will provide training to suit your needs.

The chap who made the comment which is the subject of this blog, passed recently and very kindly left me with a testimonial that has recently been put up on my website.  Have a read of it when you get a chance – one point he makes is that I make everything so easy to understand.  Whilst that is very flattering, I think it says more about his strategy to learning.  It is not a fluke that this same person passes after just 15 hours of tuition.  It is a reflection of his approach to learning that MADE that happen.  I am flexible and can adapt to my customers’ needs.  

Yes, he passed easy, but he also trained hard, and his success is a measure of him, very little to do with me.    

No comments:

Post a Comment