Tuesday 3 July 2018

Controlling your workload

As I write England are still in the World Cup and Wimbledon has just started.  One of the joys of working as a sole trader within the BIG TOM franchise is that you can control how many hours you work in your typical week.  You can literally switch the hours on and off to suit your commitments.

To give you some indication of how it can work let me tell you about my own work schedule.  I have a family which includes 2 young sons so quality time with them and my wife is important to me.  I can block out various days and weekends from my diary so that I simply do not book over these important times eg school sports day, parents evening, weekend sports tournaments, Christmas play, family weekends away. 


Over the years of running BIG TOM intensive driving courses, I find that it is all about balance.  It is sometimes very handy to be able to turn on the revenue tap as needed, but equally, what price do we all put on quality time with family? 


One course represents £600 of revenue, this can be completed over a Monday to Friday weekday course or over weekends.  In addition, customers will ask for more training as required.  Rewarding loyalty from customers is a core value of the BIG TOM Franchise and offering them continued support through their training cycle is essential to maintain the high standards of customer experience.


I cannot recommend this way of working enough - I know I would say that as it is my franchise but it has been meticulously crafted over years of experience and I am telling you it works very effectively.  It means that I am maintaining a healthy, positive work/life balance and when I am working with my customers, I am energised, feeling good and able to give them my 100% support and assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment